Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mod 4 Engine Search Task 2

On a previous task I downloaded Copernic so I guess that the route I'll take for this project. Firstly I couldn't find a setting that allowed you to choose which search engines to use and there was nothing about a deep web search although in my answers at least three search engines were listed in the results.

As you can see below the top result was a little different.


Huntington Beach Florist Huntington Be...
Buy flowers from your local florist in Huntington Beach, CA - LAVENDER MEMORY FLORIST & GIFTS will ... TEMPTING TULIPS Arrangement $45.00, $55.00, $65.00 Shown at $55.00
lavenderexpress.com [Found on Windows Live, Yahoo! Search]



And the amount of results found was.

Results: 1 - 20 of 66

After comparing the two searches I would have to say the Copernic gave the better results. It sent me a direct link to a buisinesses web page were as Google sent me to a buisiness directory.

As for the why, well Copernic had the resources of multiple search engines, and Googles first result was of a page that supported Google advertising. Im would have to say that the Google result was influenced more by financial concerns than an accurate search using my parameters.

No comments: