Monday, February 9, 2009

Mod 4 Tools for using the Web

The only program that I didn't already have or want installed on my computer was Copernic. The downloading process was very painless, being only approx 7Mb, as for installation that too was easy the only obstacle you may need to overcome is choosing whether you would want to install the toolbar that came along with the App. As for learning Copernic, that to was relatively straight forward, all the search choices are in plain view. If you wish to tweak the program in the options menu this to is a very simple process. I have never used a desktop/online search App before, and I found this freebie to be easy to use as well as useful. I compared this with the windows desktop search App and found that the Copernic program was easier to understand and quicker to learn. The windows software had the look of windows help desk and was initially just as confusing. It also lacked the online search facility. Simplicity of use in this case was the deciding factor for me, Copernic had an online search capability across multiple search engines, which certainly saves time when looking for something online.

No comments: