Monday, January 5, 2009

Newsgroups

What a pain. First of all trying to set up the new account was a nightmare, Five times I had to ring Telstra to find out what the NNTP server name was the first tech support didn't know what I was Talking about and gave me the settings for regular email. The 2nd through to the 4th tech support operaters kept hanging up after keeping me waiting and then trying to transfer me. Finally after a little prayer I was connected to someone who new how to access the information i required. As you can imagine after an hour of this i was becoming a little irritated lol. Then after I had the newsgroup set up I went hunting for something I could dig my teeth into. After searching through the list of 30 000+ newsgroups, lol, I found one that suited me. As you can see below i opted to use the Outlook express to view my news group.


No comments: